I am so in love with Easter. The colors. The weather. The FOOD! One of my very favorite Easter treats are Reeses peanut butter eggs. So delicious! However, chocolate candies are so expensive and they have all those preservatives. I decided to make my own version.
These peanut butter sandwiches are so delicious! They’d be perfect to bring to an Easter lunch or dinner and have as a snack for desert. Let me know how yours turn out.
Yummy Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Peanut Butter Filling:
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1/8 cup + 1 Tablespoon milk
1 bag milk chocolate chips
1) Mix all peanut butter filling ingredients together until smooth. Set aside.
2) Place chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl. Melt chips in microwave. Make sure you do this in 30 sec increments or they will burn. Set aside.
3) Put either parchment or wax paper down on top of a cookie sheet. Place a teaspoon of melted chocolate onto the paper. Take a teaspoon of the peanut butter filling and put it on top of the chocolate. Then finish off by putting another teaspoon of chocolate on top of the peanut butter. At this point your peanut butter filling should be sandwiched between chocolate.
4) Continue the 3 step process with the rest of remaining chocolate and peanut butter filling.
5) Place your cookie sheet full of sandwiches in the freezer for 2 hours, or until hard. (Note: chocolate will freeze faster than filling. Be sure the peanut butter is semi hard before serving)
6) Once frozen, take off of cookie sheet and enjoy!