One of my first posts on this blog was my favorite snack, Veggie Greek Salad. Since then, I’ve found a new favorite snack and it’s healthy, green beans with sliced almonds and feta!
This recipe is perfect as a sole dish for lunch or as a side for dinner. Besides the delicious taste, the best part is how quick it is to make. If you’ve got 5 minutes and a stove, you’re good to go. Try this dish out tonight and tell me if you like it in the comments section.
Fresh green beans or snow peas (you can use the microwavable kind to save time)
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons slivered almonds
1/4 cup feta cheese
***If you are using fresh green beans, you’ll skip the first step.***
1) If using a microwavable bag of fresh green beans, not frozen, you’ll cook them in the microwave as instructed.
2) Next, pour 2 tsp olive oil on a pan at medium heat and wait two minutes until the olive oil is warm.
3) Dump green beans and slivered almonds on the pan.
3) Cook for 5-8 minutes, making sure to stir the ingredients together from time to time so they don’t burn and evenly cook.
4) You’ll know that the green beans are done when they are still crunchy, but warmer and not as firm as they were at the beginning. Take them off the heat and plate them.
5) Pour desired amount of feta cheese over the green beans.
That’s it! Super simple recipe, huh?