People involved in trunk or treats can be categorized into one of two categories: the overachievers and the underwhelming decorators. If you’ve attended one of these events, you know what I’m talking about. There’s always that one person who has constructed the all-out Halloween palace in the back of their car, complete with flashing orange lights, syncopated to the monster mash. Unfortunately, next to them is the mom who forget they signed up for the trunk or treat, who can be see sitting out the back of her car chewing on a Tootsie roll and looking a little put-off by the whole situation. You don’t have to put up with being the underprepared parent any longer; if you have 10 minutes and $5 this is what you’ll want to make as your next trunk or treat decoration.
Here is what you’ll need for this trunk or treat decoration:
- One red poster board, size extra large
- Computer paper
- Spray adhesive or regular tape
- Duct tape
Here’s what you’ll need to do.
- Start by cutting out teeth shaped objects. One tooth per sheet of computer paper. If you want symmetrical teeth on each side, just cut two sheets of paper at once. For my car, I cut six teeth for the top row.
- Next, cut a slice four inches wide, off the poster.
- Using spray adhesive, glue the tops of the teeth two the slice of red poster board. Now you have a lovely set of chompers and gums.
- Using the remaining red poster board, cut out a vertical tongue. You can do a quick Google search to see what the general shape of a tongue is.
- You’re ready to go. Use duct tape to secure the teeth and tongue to your car.
What are some of your favorite trunk or treat decorations? Let me know in the comments section below.