There are few things that I love better than a cookout in the Spring and Summer. Friends, family, and good food; what’s better? One of my favorite dishes to make are kabobs. They’re colorful, tasty, and you don’t get that I just ate way too much and am now bloated feeling. If you want to know how you can make your own delicious kabobs this grilling season, just keep reading.
Side note: Did you know that you don’t have to have a grill to enjoying grilling out?! I made the kabobs in this recipe using a kabob skewers rack, right in my oven. It’s the perfect solution for apartment dwellers, like myself.
Let’s get cookin’! If you’d like to see how I made this recipe via video, scroll down and click play!
Makes: 15 kabobs
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Marinade: Over Night
Cook Time: 30 minutes
For the marinade, you’ll need:
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
Here’s what I used for my kabobs, but feel free to make it your own:
- 10 oz Top Blade Steak
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Pineapple
- Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Red Potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper
How To Prep And Cook:
- Start by cleaning and chopping all your vegetables and meats.
- In a medium bowl combine marinade ingredients and stir with a whisk.
- In a pan over medium heat, add a small amount of vegetable oil and brown chopped onions. Add the browned onions to the marinade mixture.
- Place all chopped and prepped kabob ingredients in a casserole dish. Overtop, pour marinade. Cover with foil and leave in fridge over night.
- The next day, cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Overtop, place the base of the kabob set.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- While the oven is heating, place the foods you would like on your kabobs. All the ingredients I included in the list above made 15 kabobs.
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until the meat and vegetables are cooked through.
- Optional: Enjoy with rice.
To learn how I made these delicious kabob’s using the Cave Tool’s Kabob Skewers Rack in video form, press play. With my purchase of the kabob rack, I received a free recipe book, which I used as the base for this recipe and included my own twist.
Thoughts on the Cave Tool’s Kabob Skewer’s Rack: I love how easy to use and clean up the kabob rack is! It’s made from stainless steel, meaning that bacteria cannot grow on it; which is what you want when it comes to grilling meat. Additionally, I love the sliders that make taking food off the skewers easy. Plus, the whole thing can be thrown into the dishwasher when dirty. Is there any easier cleanup than that? I don’t think so. I absolutely loved using this product. If you’d like to purchase the kabob set for yourself, use the code LHWJZQMZ here to save 15%.